Using Quicken is never a hassle for experienced users but for beginners, it can be a hard-hitting task, as there are numerous terms which need complete understanding to manage the Quicken product. So, here in this article, we will be discussing: How to extend, activate, and upgrade/downgrade the Quicken version.
How to Extend Quicken version:
Quicken products include the automatic renewal feature, and hence the subscribed users can get the new subscription before the previous product expires.
If you haven’t opted for the auto-renewal feature, you can simply purchase another subscription and activate it to extend the current subscription. If you want to add some extra time to the current subscription which has a quite a long to expire, simply purchase a subscription plan as per your requirement and then it will automatically extend the running version of the product. In a nutshell, whenever a new product is purchased it automatically adds to the existing subscription.
Steps to add a new product to current subscription:
- List the product you want to purchase in the Quicken shopping cart.
- Log in using your Quicken ID and password.
- Go to the “My account” page and check for the product version and subscription period over there.
If purchased from a retailer:
- Get the version you want to activate. If you are purchasing a different version, your current version will be pro-rated and applied to the expiration date.
- You can receive the activation code on the registered email. For CD/DVD, the activated code will be printed on the case.
- Go to Quicken.com
- Click Help>Activation Product Key for Windows.
- Go to Quicken>Enter Activation Code for Mac.
- Select Begin Activation.
- Provide the product key and select Activate membership.
- Once the product activation code is entered, you can see the extended date in Help>About Quicken for Windows and Quicken>About Quicken (for Mac).
To startup the Quicken, follow to steps:
- Install and launch Quicken membership.
- Log in using your Quicken ID and password, associated with your Quicken
- Once you are signed in, start using Quicken.
How to Activate Quicken?
In order to activate Quicken membership, follow the steps:
For boxed version:
- Install the Quicken application on your device.
- Sign in with your associated Quicken Id or create a new account.
- Tap the Begin Activation and activate the Quicken membership
- Type the 16 digit activation code you receive on the CD box you purchased.
- Check your email to get the confirmation
- Type the activation code, and hit the Continue button.
- The Quicken membership is activated.
- Get the Quicken application from your app store, and install it on your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and provide the essential information for the permissions.
- Log in using your Quicken ID and password, or create a new one.
- After signing in, type your product key and it’s all ready to use.
How to upgrade or downgrade the Quicken version:
Upgrading Quicken refers to migrating your Quicken version to the higher one and replacing with the lower version is termed as downgrading. If you are using Quicken 2016 or older version, you can upgrade it to the latest patch by purchasing the newer product. Upgrade differs from Update while updating you get the better experience with the same version, while in upgrade the version totally differs from the older one.
If you want to downgrade the version, you can simply purchase the older version and use it in the place of the running version.
In order to upgrade or downgrade your Quicken version, do the following:
- Get the CD/DVD for the patch you want to install. Enter the newly brought product and replace it with the existing one.
- Go to the official website of the Quicken and download the latest or older version. Furthermore, follow the on-screen prompts to install your product.
If you are not able to perform any of the above-given methods, dial the Quicken technical support number and get the assistance from quicken experts. The toll-free numbers can be reached 24X7 to get technical support for your respective Quicken product,