Quicken is the top of the line finance management software with a top of the line range features. The best thing is the compatibility of the product with every popular platform such as Windows and Mac. There are different versions available for Quicken and Mac, so one must install the best-match for their respective platform. You can use the Windows version on Mac and vice versa, but you can convert your account from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac.
If you have planned to switch your device, you must have the knowledge of the conversion process. The first time users can take help from the below-given steps:
Firstly, you need to Prepare the files:
- Go to Quicken software on your device.
- Click “Tools” and “Account List”
- Click “Options” and select “View Hidden accounts”
- Select the manage account and then select “Hide in Quicken”.
- If there is an entry with the name more than 15 characters. You can try renaming the file with less number of characters, by clicking on “Edit”. Make a name that includes all uppercase letters and then clicks
- Select all the files with financial data, personal cash flow, and business, and choose “Accept all”.
- Click on “File” menu and then “Export” and then “QIF” as the format of files.
- Now click browse and navigate to the location where you have saved the file.
- Save the file name as “Account.qif” and hit OK to save.
- Go to the “Quicken Account to Export from” and access the drop-down
- Select which account you want to transfer from PC to Mac.
- Now select the date range on which you want to export the data.
- If you are only looking to export the Accounts file, click “Accounts”.
- Do the same for Securities, categories, and “Transactions” and click OK.
- Open the formatted CD drive which is formatted into a FAT file format.
- This format is accessible to both Mac and Windows computer to access a file on both devices.
- Find and open the Files and burn them to your CD.
Once you are done with preparing files, Import them to Mac:
- Go to Quicken and select “File” and then “New” and “File”.
- Select “New Quicken File” and click “Ok”.
- Provide the right information to the Create Data File dialog box.
- Click the Create
- If you see the “New Assistant” window on the screen click “Cancel”.
- Insert the CD to your disk drive and Quicken files to it.
- Now under the File menu, select Import and then “From QIF”.
- Go to the “Accounts” file on your CD and then select Open.
- Do the same for all Securities, categories and Transactions files.
If you are still not able to convert your Quicken product from PC to Mac, you can dial the Quicken support number for instant help. The support services will solve the riddles preventing you to convert the data from one platform to another i.e Windows to iOS. Also, the same toll-free numbers can be used to avail the technical assistance or troubleshooting